Effective Date: December 20, 2021
Kimball International, Inc. (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) sincerely appreciates your trust and confidence in our goods and services. The privacy and security of the information collected from you is a priority to us. It is equally important to us that you understand how we handle the information.
Note that this website utilizes Google Analytics to improve the design and delivery of our websites by collecting information such as site access geographic location, browser/device used, and pages viewed. No personal and private information, such as name or email address, is collected unless a website requests via a registration process.
Collection of Information
Cookies and other technologies
- Information about your device’s hardware, such as model and screen resolution
- Information about the software on your device
- Unique identifiers associated with your device, such as device identifier (e.g. Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising)
- Information about the network to which you are connected and inferences we may draft from it, such as your IP address and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area
- Information about your use of and actions on our website, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, links you click, access times, and length of access, as well as the website that referred you to the website, if applicable
- Information about your interaction with our emails, such as whether you opened our email and how long you had it open
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive and allow us to serve you faster and with better quality. If you would not like your cookies collected or used, your web browser likely includes an option that allows you not to accept them.
Use of the information we collect
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our website, create an account, place an order, or communicate with us. To provide our services we may use your information as follows:
- Provide, operate, and improve the website, including developing new products and services
- Process and fulfill your order and otherwise provide the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your order and our services, including sending you order and shipping confirmations, announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Personally identify you and personalize your experience with the website and our communications to provide you with smooth, efficient, customized services
- Provide support and maintenance for the website and our products and services, including responding to your requests, questions, and feedback
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- Comply with human resource requirements and provide employee benefits (compensation, health insurance, etc.)
Disclosure of Information
We have no intention to transfer to a third country or international organization and we promise that we will not disclose, sell. or otherwise distribute to any third party any of your personally identifiable information without your prior consent except under the following circumstances:
For legal requests, investigations, compliance, fraud prevention, and safety --we may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) protect our, your, or others' rights, privacy, safety, or property (including making and defending legal claims); (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern this website; and (d) protect investigate and deter against fraudulent harmful unauthorized unethical or illegal activity.
Third-party Service Providers – We may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. In such cases, it will be necessary for us to disclose your information to those service providers. In some cases, the service providers may collect information directly from you on our behalf. We restrict how such service providers may access, use, and disclose your information.
Agents – We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service, processing employee compensation, providing employee benefits, and performing legal or other professional services. These agents have access to your information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
Business Transfers - As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy policies (unless, of course, the person consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Kimball International or all of its assets are acquired, your information may be one of the transferred assets.
Updating your personal information
Although you may change your information on our website, we may maintain such prior information about you. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your historical information will be removed from our databases at the time you notify us of changes. Kimball International observes a record retention policy that complies with applicable data retention requirements as designated by applicable law.
Security of your personal information
We employ reasonable security measures and technologies, such as password protection, encryption, firewalls, and other controls to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. However, you should be aware that no data transmission can be 100% guaranteed, and our security measures do not protect your information once it leaves our web server's control.
Also, since our website may contain optional links to third-party sites that we do not control, we assume no responsibility whatsoever with respect to those sites. You should read and accept the privacy policies of all such sites before accessing them.
Parents and children
This website is not for or directed toward children. Children (persons under age 18) are not eligible to use our services. We do not intend to and will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 18, we will remove that information and delete it from our servers (subject to applicable law in this policy). If you believe a child under the age of 18 has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a parent or guardian, please make every effort to guard your children's privacy. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send us any information about yourself.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to change, supplement, or amend this notice at any time; in such case, this will be notified through our website and/or any other methods permitted by applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), we are providing the following details to Californian residents regarding how we currently collect, use, and share personal information, and how we have collected, used, and shared information in the preceding 12 months; "personal information" means the information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device.
|Personal information we collect||CCPA categories (Definitions are available here.)||Source of personal information||Purposes for which we may collect and use personal information||Data sharing/Is the disclosure a sale?|
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with the deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with us, or electronically, or by mail, whatever you prefer. If you ask us to send it electronically, we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a reliable readable usable format.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise your rights to information and deletion by:
- submitting a request via this webform
- submitting a request to email@example.com or
- calling our toll-free phone number: 800-482-1616
You may exercise your right to opt out of the “sale” of personal information by adjusting your Cookie settings; please review the details in the Cookies section above.
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
California residents can empower an authorize agent to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our provider(s):
- to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provided good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or persecute those responsible for such activities
- to debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- to exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided by law
- to comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code 1546 et. seq.)
- to engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information is deleted may likely render impossible or seriously impair the researcher’s achievement, if he/she previously provided informed consent
- to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer protection based on your relationship with us
- to comply with a legal obligation
- to make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it (each an “Exception” in a collectively, “Exceptions”)
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code 1798.83 further permits California residence to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by submitting a webform here.
Kimball International, Inc.
1600 Royal Street
Jasper, IN 47546-2256